Ones you have choosen your favourite bookcase, there is only another problem: How to dress it?
Today we want to give you some advice on how to dress a bookcase.
So here are some of the rules we recommend:
- When dressing a bookcase it is all about line, balance and scale!
- Only put in the books you use often and preferably that look good.
- Large books and decorative items should be placed at the bottom, they are the ‘foundation’.
- Start at the bottom and work your way up.
- Mix books with decorative items.
- Plants work too.
- Use items that in the bookcase that go well with the style of the room.
- It’s important to mix shapes. If you have a horizontal stack of books, try placing a small, curvy objet on top.
- keep books with like-colored spines together
- Size matters! Different sized items are essential. Varying heights will make your display more interesting.
- Don’t over-accessorize. Step back periodically to make sure it doesn’t look too cluttered.
- Books don’t have to stand up like little soldiers. You can mix it up with books laying down.
- Add depth by layering smaller items in front of larger ones.
- Group “like” items together. Arrange objects with similar shapes, textures or colors together to unify your display.
- Colors should compliment each other and the room.
- Hobbies and collectibles, like your LEGO’s or Funko POP are a great thing to display on bookshelves. Anything looks better as a collection.
- Grouping together family photos or arranging books by color will have a bigger impact visually than having the same items spread out.
Don’t lose storage space. You can keep aesthetic appeal without losing functionality. Try adding large wicker baskets or a small rod and curtain to section off storage space.
These are some advices on how to dress a bookcase
Find out all off our modular bookcases and offers in our shop.
For further infos: firstname.lastname@example.org